Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Importance of Grades

   Grades, especially in High school play a huge impact on the rest of your life. Most people don't understand how important grades are until its too late. Myself included.  My freshman year I could care less about grades and I thought I could just mess around like I did in middle school. I ended up failing two classes and barely knowing what my grades were. Colleges look at your entire high school GPA and transcripts. EVERY YEAR MATTERS. Blowing one year off messes up a whole lot more then just that year. If you fail a class. You still have to take that class later to earn a credit. One mess up and you have completely changed your high school career. Over the four years in high school colleges tend to look at you sophomore and junior year the most. Freshman year is where people are lenient because it's where you begin to get on your feet. Senior year is when your anxious to get out as fast as you can. That dose not mean they don't count however it does mean that Your best effort should not be given every day. put your best in everything you do and always hold your head up high. The better your grades are the better your attitude will be. Trust me I was a failing student my freshman year Struggled my sophomore year and the second semester of my junior year I achieved my goal of becoming an honor role student. As of now I am in the second semester of my senior year and i still hold that honor role standard and I feel so much better about my self image.

No comments:

Post a Comment